- Raw Unfiltered All Natural California Honey / Los Angeles from the Mountains to the Groves - Local ~
- Our honey is ripened - we do not 'take off' the honey until the bee herself has capped/sealed the honey comb cell in which the honey is placed; she alone knows when the moisture content is correct hence - we remove the honey only when the capping has reached a minimum of 75% closure. Our honey moisture content is between 12-14%. The honey is extracted - it goes into the 'warming room' - 101F - no hotter - the honey does not lose any of its essentials at this temperature. This 'warming room' enables the wax cap/seal to be cut and the comb to be softened enough as to allow the honey to be extracted by centrifuge (spun out).
- UNFILTERED honey does not rob the honey of its essential goodness. We simply skim the top to remove debris. All natural - No chemicals are used. No additives of any kind - The taste of the honey comes from the nectar in the flower which the bee then converts into honey. She alone is responsible for the taste.
- California Bee Keeping
- California Bee Keeping – is a Year-Round adventure with nature – a crapshoot / expensive and frustrating, rewarding and enjoyable, hard labourious days and short nights.
- The honey flow is NOT year-round as many think – the honey ONLY flows IF there has been rain. One may see an abundance of flowers everywhere and think HONEY but without water there is none.
- RAIN = NECTAR = HONEY. It is that simple.
- NO NECTAR = NO HONEY.
Look for our label when you purchase honey.
CALL: 805-320-2149 or 323-851-4541 firstname.lastname@example.org
- (photo WainDecker)